The Zap - the site the Chinese government is currently using as its home page

Sunday, December 26, 2004

I broke my finger on Christmas Day

I tooooooy... with your miiiiiiiiiinds! Having threatened to kill the blog if I continued not to receive comments, I received ten comments on the last entry, SHATTERING the previous record of six. See how well we work together as a team? You keep giving me ego boosts, I keep writing for you - everybody's happy! On the other hand, 7 out of 10 of the comments (i.e. a majority) were anonymous, another thing I asked you all to put an end to, so... I guess we'll call this one a draw. There's no need to be shy - maybe we can have an 'introduce yourself' section in the new year?

Christmas was a bit of a disappointment. Presents were slightly shoddy, so I treated myself to the digital camera my mum bought as a gift for the family. They haven't noticed it's missing yet, but they'll probably forget it even exists first, so I should get away with it. I got up about 1 o'clock to open them (my presents, not my family), everybody else had already been up for hours and opened all of theirs. When I got downstairs, my mum and sister seemed to be really tetchy, at each other's throats. Can't remember why, not sure I even knew in the first place, but they decided to drag me into it, and I eventually ended up punching a wall in frustration. Hit it slightly harder than I meant to, at first I thought I'd broken my little finger, although now it looks like I've just fractured the knuckle ('I broke my finger...' is catchier though, so I've left it as the title). It's weird, I always thought with that sort of impact fracture, you'd break the skin first, but I didn't even lose a drop of blood. So skin's tougher than bone - you learn something knew every day. After the swelling had settled down, I settled down to watch Finding Nemo on the Disney Channel, and dinner was pretty good as well (both of them), so it wasn't all bad.

I'm going away for a few days, to gay Paris. Most of you won't really care, seeing as there are very rarely less than a few days between my successive blog entries, but there are a few of you who read this who I also talk to in the real world (well, on MSN) who I've forgotten to tell, so this is the best way I could think of to let you know. As for the long post I've been promising for a few weeks, after me putting it off for so long due to laziness, it's kind of lost relevance now, so there's probably not a lot of point in putting it up. Having said that, I am quite keen to make a record of its purported contents (so I don't forget to cover them in my inevitable autobiography), so I may make a brief summary of them when I get back to Blighty. Until then, a belated Merry Christmas and enjoy the run-up to the New Year.


4 Comments:

  • The moral of this story is that you should take more time next time when choosing which wall to punch. Pick one made out of something like plasterboard or a door, that way, your fist actually goes through it, which makes you feel soo much better cos you've smashed a hole in it, and you have something better to show for you're frustration other than a broken wrist or knuckle :). Does look a mess tho :/

    Glad you havent killed the blog...see, you have more fans than you think :p

    Have fun in Paris.

    Jamesf (some guy you dont know, lol)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 am  

  • Ooh, I've done the whole door thing. And the banister thing. After my dad's seen to me, it's really not worth the hassle. Much less painful just to stick with wall :). Back in 3!

    By Blogger Adam, at 1:56 am  

  • haha sucker!!

    well thats what you get......no ones fault but your own....

    lol...

    ok sorry

    yeh, take care mate

    lmao

    rox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 pm  

  • Oh...you actually did punch a wall. I thought that was just a joke! :p

    xxx
    Kiesha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home