The Zap - the site the Chinese government is currently using as its home page

Thursday, October 21, 2004

My mum = retard

I today noticed that my Windows reinstallation CD wasn't on my PC desk next to my monitor, where I had left in preparation for my reformatting. About half an hour ago I therefore asked my mum if she had any idea where it might be. At first she just kind of snarled at me because she was watching something on TV (a polite "Sorry, I'm watching something; could you ask me afterwards?" does not suffice anymore). She then said that she hadn't touched anything in my room. I went back into my room and starting searching through my stuff to see if I could find it. Upon embarking upon my adventures, I found my guitar capo in a small plastic pot on my writing desk, something else that I had left next to my monitor, albeit on the other side to my reinstallation CD, and something else that I've spent the last few weeks looking for. Put small things in small plastic pots is incidentally something very typical of my mother. So I went back to confront my mum, only for her to change her story from "I haven't touched anything in your room" to "Well if you weren't so disorganised, I wouldn't have to touch your stuff!" I therefore put it to her that the point of being organised was to be able to find your stuff, and if I couldn't find my stuff then things were in fact less organised rather than more so. Apparently distraught by this revelation, she stormed off into my room and started going through my stuff. And thus we have our next irony. Although my things were not more organised as she had said, they had been tidier, which is what she probably meant in the first place, however, after we'd sifted through it all, it was in fact in a worse state then it had been in the first place. So not only was my stuff less organised than it was when it was in the state I wanted it, it was also messier, so in the long run she'd actually taken it further away from what she wanted. The moral of this story is that my mum should not touch my stuff, but she will not heed this and will probably 'tidy up' again in the near future, has she has repeatedly done in the past. She did find the CD in the end, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home