The Zap - the site the Chinese government is currently using as its home page

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

My birthday

It's my birthday today. Kind of depressing. Didn't want to come home from school for the fear of disappointing my family by not being happy and excited. In fact I couldn't even sleep last night with the same worry. Fears proved justified. They didn't seem to be too happy that the first thing I wanted to do when I got home was go to the toilet rather than open my presents. When I did though, the atmosphere really changed for the better. Because the presents were so shit. I just took the piss out of how badly my family knows me, and we all had a good laugh about it. Taking the presents back this weekend.

Actually, I've generally been sleeping very badly of late. Had a dream the other night that I was Ernie from Sesame Street, locked in a room with all these demons popping up in friendly disguises before attacking me, so I had to zap them with some laser gun thing. Then, as I'd seemed to have cleared the room, Bert from Sesame Street popped up (Ernie's friend) and said "Ernie, it's me! Don't you remember, we had a homosexual relationship!" After a moment's thought, I shouted out "No we didn't!" and zapped him. Not that sure I was Ernie for the whole dream actually, but definitely for the Bert zapping bit. A lot scarier than it sounds and provides an interesting insight into how I viewed Bert and Ernie all those years ago.

Also been burping a lot of late. Don't know why. And my school's fucked up my UCAS form. After unlocking it for editing but also deleting it from the network, they have now got it back on the network but not granted user access to my file. Which is irritating. Means I have to re-write my whole form just because my personal statement was a line too long, with only 10 days before the Oxbridge deadline...

3 Comments:

  • :(

    Happy birthday anyways :)

    Things'll always get better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 pm  

  • Having trouble sleeping - maybe Bert and Ernie can help.

    http://www.heavy.com/index.php?videoPath=/current/teamAmerica/Bert_Ernie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 am  

  • happy birthday for last tuesday =D hope you're feeling better now. rednirt x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home