The Zap - the site the Chinese government is currently using as its home page

Monday, August 30, 2004

Weird dream

I've had some weird dreams before, but last night I had definitely one of the weirdest (whether it tops the one where I turned into Elisha Cuthbert though, I'm not sure). Started off with me sitting in a circle of people, at night, who were allegedly South Park characters (they weren't, they looked like normal people, but I was under the impression that they were South Park characters). Anyway, I started talking to someone, saying that South Park characters were clichéd and it was easy to predict what they were supposed to be, so he told me to point out the suicide bomber. I told him it was easy, and pointed out my suspect. My 'friend' just laughed at me, saying something along the lines of: "Don't be ridiculous!" He then started jeering and antagonising the South Park character who I suspected to be a suicide bomber, despite my protests. Eventually a bright white light appeared on him, emitting a high-pitched shrill and glowing brighter and brighter as my acquaintance's taunts persisted. "Oh well," I thought, "we're all going to die, but at least it will be painless." A few seconds later he had indeed exploded, but rather than dying a quick, painless death, I was half-blinded by the bright light and made very uncomfortable by the excruciating heat as I, along with the rest of the group, was thrown into the sky by the force of the explosion, or more specifically, thrown into outer space.

As I floated out helplessly, I prepared myself for an eternity of limbo in the void of space. Fortunately, before I had worried about it for very long, I reached the edge of space. And it was solid. With a ledge. Quite a large ledge in fact, which went all the way around space and jutted out about two metres. So I sat down on the ledge and ushered all the other victims in, then wondered where we went from there. After a while an armoured buggy type thing made its way past us, reminded me of one of the robots from Sonic in style. Took a while for it to hit me how perculiar it was to see a buggy literally being driven around the edge of space, but once it did I thought for a while how it could have got up there. The answer soon became obvious - wormholes! - and if the driver had got up there via a wormhole, a wormhole could also be our way out.

I alerted my companions to the possibility of an escape, and they followed as I chased after the armoured buggy. I took out the driver to hijack it and they all clambered on the back as we found ourselves with a choice of wormholes, 1 and 6, both leading to parallel dimensions. For some reason I knew that 1 led to a bad dimension, so we opted for 6. We found ourselves at a desk set indoors but open to a tropical environment behind us, welcoming us to this new dimension. A man behind it handed out our new IDs. I got Hitler. We were then whisked away to an hotel, very small, almost like a villa. The pool was in a lovely setting and filled with a beautiful girls, so I slid right in :D. I found myself at the deep end, despite the fact that all the girls were at the shallow end. Obviously they couldn't resist by boyish charms however, and a black haired beauty in a light blue/turquoise bikini wade over to be. We started talking and she unstrapped her bikini top, before my mum appeared at poolside. I told the girl that it was my mum, so she did her bikini back up and I swam off :(.

The relevance of this dream is twofold. Firstly it shows that my mum ruins everything, even in alternative realities. Secondly, it turned out to serve as a prediction for what I was going to read about today in 'A Brief History of Time', which bizarrely turned out to be wormholes. Which was very freaky :o.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home