The Zap - the site the Chinese government is currently using as its home page

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Scrubs janitor

Anyone remember the episode of Scrubs where JD finds out that the janitor is actually an actor who had a minor part in The Fugitive? Well, after 6 months or so, I just got round to checking out whether the guy who plays the janitor (Neil Flynn) actually was the cop in The Fugitive or they just set it up. And guess what. He was! Also, why is it that peas taste like crap, but green beans, which are more or less a line of peas held together with a bit of skin (as in vegetable skin), are actually pretty good?

There is actually a link between that brilliant fact and that thought-provoking question, by the way. Basically I was reading Zach Braff's blog (he's the guy who plays JD in Scrubs if you're wondering, and it's actually really good, so check it out. Unless you've got some sort of blog quota and can only read one blog. In which case, don't) and he brought up Scrubs and started talking about how Colin Farrell is going to be in it, this big name actor who's been in movies, which got me thinking again about whether the janitor was actually in The Fugitive. Then I read the comments on the post and saw that a lot of people were getting excited about their comments being some of the first (he tends to get in the region of 1000 per entry) - to quote one: "NO WAY MAN I AM LIKE THE 6th commentor!!! bloody hell. ( i am not brittish)lol" (there's way too much in that comment to tear apart, so I'm not gonna bother) - but then they just go and talk shit or suck dick - to quote the very first comment: "this weeks episode of scrubs was amazing as usual. keep up the great work zach!" Why? Why would anyone feel the need to say that? So anyway, that got me thinking about what I'd say if I got the chance to make one of the first comments, and I decided I'd probably just ask him about the whole peas/beans paradox. So that's it. Maybe next I'll be able to establish a conclusive link between quantum mechanics and general relativity.

Big post coming any day now (probably not including aforementioned link between quantum mechanics and general relativity)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home