The Zap - the site the Chinese government is currently using as its home page

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The lost entry

Started writing this at 9:37pm on the 11th of June, apparently. Never got round to finishing it, and I don't plan to, but thought it would be a shame to let it go to waste, especially since it allows me to postpone writing anything fresh for at least a few weeks. So here is "the lost entry".

***

Mid-exam update

Okay, the title's maybe slightly misleading. I'm not actually doing an exam right now, but this is probably the last chance I'm going to get until I've finished all my exams to write an entry. Was supposed to do it earlier but I buggered off to play football, and Shaun of the Dead is on in about 20 minutes, so I'll try to keep it snappy.

Exams haven't been going too great. Since last time, done P6 and S3. They were alright on the whole, but in both I felt like I'd screwed up one question completely (because I had). In addition, I made at least one stupid mistake in S3, so I don't feel great about them. Just means I'm going to have to cane the rest of my modules, I guess. Fortunately P5 and M3 aren't too bad, but not particularlt confident about the Stats. On a brighter exam-related note, I passed my driving theory test with flying colours. After the multiple choice questions, I went back and checked my answers. I wasn't sure of 6, and considering you can only get a maximum of 5 wrong to pass, I was shitting myself slightly, although apparently without justification as I got 35/35 on the multiple choice and 59/75 on the hazard perception. However, I still managed to taint the event by leaving the counterpart of my license at the test centre, so despite success, have finished the day feeling slightly retarded. Even so, it was probably the receptionists fault for not sliding it back to me when I gave it to him to claim my result... in fact, I don't even now how it can be my fault! Still, slightly retarded.

Also, last night, I made a half-hearted attempt to watch the DVD that the DVLA had sent me as preparation for the test. Was about to switch off when BBC motorsports presenting legend Suzi Perry popped up on screen, talking some twat who thought that drinking could make you colour blind, through the technicalities. Obviously, I was fully expecting her to be at the centre to give me the same advice, maybe a few words of reassurance, a kiss on the cheek, invite me out for lunch afterwards, but to my HORROR, she wasn't. There was no message that said "We cannot guarantee that Suzi Perry will be at your test centre", no implication of the fact, nothing. Of course, I'll be looking to sue the DVLA for false advertisement, and even more so if that bastard receptionist of theirs continues to refuse to send my license to me. I loved what he said when he phoned up: "He must have just forgotten it in the excitement of it all". No, I "forgot" it when you decided to keep it behind your bloody computer monitor! Wasn't like I was straight out, either. Had to get my stuff from my locker, get my iPod out of my bag, put my certificate in my bag... Jesus, I'd just spent half an hour making sure I could perceive hazards and he couldn't even "perceive" someone's driving license sitting right in front of him! On that note, would have been kind of ironic if I'd got run over crossing the street on the way home. I'm disappointed in myself for not taking greater efforts to make it happen.

25 Comments:

  • an old entry...
    What a cop out :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 pm  

  • :(

    *starts the "we want a new entry" campaign*
    *marches*

    :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 pm  

  • Well it's new to you! 8-)

    By Blogger Adam, at 11:26 pm  

  • but you told us it was old & at that point broke the illusion or the ideology of it being "new"... :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 am  

  • Don't think of it like that. Think of it as being more like the only Simpsons episode you ever missed, because you were constipated on the toilet, and this finally your chance to see it. Aww :)

    By Blogger Adam, at 12:13 am  

  • i think of it like getting a newspaper from last month.

    Not Good :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 am  

  • Don't pretend you read this because you actually want to know what's going on in my life. Everyone knows that's not true :P

    By Blogger Adam, at 1:41 am  

  • tbh, i cant think of many other reasons i would read it.

    And thats not a sleight on your literary ability my friend ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 am  

  • Yeah, although if you'd said you "can't think of any other reasons" it would have been. Oh, the value of one letter. As it is, we're still cool :)

    By Blogger Adam, at 1:51 am  

  • phew! i wouldn't want to compromise our anonymous 'e-relationship' ;)

    H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 am  

  • Ooh, an initial. You tease.

    By Blogger Adam, at 2:42 am  

  • i wonder how long you would have waited up for my next comment if id gone to bed instead of writing this...

    H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 am  

  • I can't help it; I'm lonely :'(. So all night, probably :). As a reward for replying quickly, I'll give you a mini blog update. Currently, I'm wondering how many people I'm actually talking to in this conversation.

    By Blogger Adam, at 2:48 am  

  • If it would put your mind at ease, im all but the 2nd and 3rd comments. Id hazard a guess that they are the work of WildThing or SilverWings or another remnant of your previous life at TSR.

    Pray, why are you lonely my young internet comrade?

    If you don't want to answer that, maybe you will commit to producing a half-decent blog update asap. I don't follow many blogs, don't you know, yours is one of a select bunch.

    H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 am  

  • And one of many select bunches.

    I think I'll opt for the blog update in preference to the in-depth analysis of my loneliness, which itself would probably turn into a full-blown update.

    But will I ever find out who you are?

    By Blogger Adam, at 3:05 am  

  • I don't want to ruin the aura of mystery i seem to have unwittingly generated here; however, it would seem only fair to give you at least a clue as to my identity. After all what else are you to do with these lonely nighttime hours.

    Im on TSR and C&B, I have a post count in 4 figures on TSR, H. is my initial (or rather that of my onscreen persona - i very much doubt that your birth certificate has 'zapsta' on it)

    Im slightly bored of this crypticism, so i will push you for a firm commitment for the next blog update. Contrary to your suggestion, your blog is one of a few. I can think of just one blog which i follow with such interest.

    If you guess my 'name' i will tell you if you get it right. Generous i know. But seriously its not that difficult. There aren't all that many members beginning with 'H' on C&B now are there?

    H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:17 am  

  • I was actually suggesting that many other people would also claim that mine is one of only a few blogs they read :P

    And I think I know who you are now, but it would probably be for the best if neither of us said anything.

    By Blogger Adam, at 2:19 pm  

  • quite right. We wouldn't want to ruin the enigma. :)

    When's the next blog update coming then?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:56 pm  

  • Before I get a job.

    By Blogger Adam, at 3:31 pm  

  • where you gonna work?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 pm  

  • Good question.

    By Blogger Adam, at 4:24 pm  

  • Applied anywhere yet?

    H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 pm  

  • Nope. I'm still recovering. From exams and stuff...

    By Blogger Adam, at 6:36 pm  

  • I missed all the excitement, darn it :(

    And Adam just for the record I've never missed the Simpsons because I've been constipated, never been constipated at all... I think I should stop this line of um "conversation" :|

    If I talked about doing a small dance you may know who I am... :D

    On the other hand I'm sunburnt, which is bad, but it's sunny, which is good... exams however; bad...

    SUMMER :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 pm  

  • (btw i don't have one sunburnt hand, or two either :D)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home